Thursday, October 18, 2007

The Pumpkin Patch '07

So, we had quite an interesting day last Friday, going to the pumpking patch with the Lewis'. The plan was for us to meet the Lewis' at their house, in Gladstone, at 10 am, go to a nearby pumpkin patch for an hour or so, go back to the Lewis' for lunch and nap, and then head back up to our place soon after. Well, we ended up getting to their house closer to 11, and then Kevin said that there weren't really any pumpkin patches nearby, so after discussing ideas of which way we wanted to go, we decided to go to one that we had been to a few years ago, up near the airport. Well, it was no longer there. But, I knew of one close by, that I had brought my YMCA kids to in years past. It, also, was no longer in existance. So, Kevin and Becky said that they knew of one in Vancouver. It WAS there, so we decided to stay. We ended up getting to the pumpkin patch around 12 -- two hours past time for Aaron to eat. So, we fed him in the stroller, as Ben and Josh ran around the pumpkins. It was a beautiful, sunny, fall day. This particular pumpkin patch was rather small, without all of the animals, and bouncy slides and such. But, I don't think the boys even knew the difference. After staying about 30 min. we decided to grab some lunch and eat at at nearby park. The boys really had fun there. And Aaron did not want to be held -- he wanted to get down and crawl in the grass, and the bark chips. While we were at the park, Matt's sister, Sarah, came by to say "hi". She lives very close to the park, and Matt had told her we were there. By the time we packed back into the car, and stopped at Starbucks for Matt to get his coffee with Sarah's discount, it was going on 3:00, and poor Benjamin was exhuasted! He fell asleep in the Starbucks parking lot. :-) Before we got very far, Aaron started fussing and crying, and we were pretty sure that we had lost his pacifier at the park, so we made a quick stop at Fred Meyers. I ran in and bought a pack of new pacifiers and a bottle of dish soap, ran into the bathroom and washed one of them real well, and went back out to the car. The pacifier had been in less than two minutes, and Aaron's eyelids started to fall. So, it was a nice, quiet ride home as the boys slept. :-) All in all, it was a pretty fun day!


At 11:37 PM, Blogger Sarah said...

Sounds like a good time was had by all! Love the pictures! Miss you and the boys! ((hugs))

At 9:54 PM, Blogger Cathy said...

Pumpkin patches, big or small or great fun with the little ones! Thanks for all the new entries. Love staying in touch this way.

At 2:07 PM, Blogger Suzanne said...

In that bottom picture, Ben is the spittin' image of Matt! That little impish grin. :)


Post a Comment

<< Home