Thursday, October 06, 2005

Family

I love having family over. I want Benjamin to grow up knowing his grandparents, aunts and uncles, and (hopefully some day) his cousins. I grew up in Portland with six aunts, six uncles and 15 cousins. I wouldn't have had it any other way (except maybe to have my aunt, uncle and two cousins that lived in California move up, so that I could have spent more time with them). We all got together for birthdays, holidays, and sometimes for no occasion. Of course now that we're grown, a lot of cousins (and even siblings) have moved away. I guess that's what makes holidays even more special now -- because we don't get to see those family members all year round anymore.
We have been fortunate to be able to see a little bit more of our families, now that there is a baby to draw them. I look forward to watching the next generation of kids grow up in our family (now we're just waiting for Benjamin's cousins).
:-)
Here's a picture of Ben with his grandpa Hadley

2 Comments:

At 11:04 AM, Blogger Suzanne said...

Whoa! Weird hearing my dad called "Grandpa Hadley!" Brings Herb Hadley to mind. :) I love this pic!

 
At 11:02 PM, Blogger Sarah said...

What an adorable picture of Ben! He looks so cute!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home